aCis

Cycle 380-389 focus : movement refactor, quests end. Changeset 385 (1468) is up ! Scripts, CommandChannel edit, Bugfixes, Organization

Yet another crappy server...

p0w3rf1y · 9 · 632

Offline p0w3rf1y

• Cookies: +2/-1
on: October 30, 2019, 12:52:14 AM
Hiya folks!

Guess what?  :D

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that in one way or another have contributed to this, either sharing fixes, or directly supporting and helping me with my issues/questions here and in Discord (Sweets, Roots, Hasha, to name a few, but also many others whose names I can't remember), and of course, last but not least, the chief Tryskel.

I wouldn't have been able to get to make it without your help and I just wanted to show my gratitude, somewhat this is a two old l2 veterans "dream come true". I almost got emotional xD.

Since this is mainly a devs site I doubt any potential player would come out of this post/forum, so I won't bother advertising my server features or writing a sales speech xD, it's basically a vanilla acis  (x1 rates) with a bunch of "homemade workarounds" + borrowed fixes from here and there.

There you go (Watch out for the original name):

L2 Reborn
https://l2reborn.com

After a couple of months of beta we are officially opening on the 31st, and if any of you would like to pass by and say hi and have a look you're all invited and would be more than welcome.

The server is still full of bug (obviously) but somewhat stable to an extent, and hopefully a few players would like our "conservative" rules/features, time will tell.

Cheers guys!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:30:05 PM by p0w3rf1y »

Offline PeNaChO

• Cookies: +0/-0
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 01:14:28 AM
Hiya folks!

Guess what?  :D

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that in one way or another have contributed to this, either sharing fixes, or directly supporting and helping me with my issues/questions here and in Discord (Sweets, Roots, Hasha, to name a few, but also many others whose names I can't remember), and of course, last but not least, the chief Tryskel.

I wouldn't have been able to get to make it without your help and I just wanted to show my gratitude, somewhat this is a two old l2 veterans "dream come true". I almost got emotional xD.

Since this is mainly a devs site I doubt any potential player would come out of this post/forum, so I won't bother advertising my server features or writing a sales speech xD, it's basically a vanilla acis  (x1 rates) with a bunch of "homemade workarounds" + borrowed fixes from here and there.

After a couple of months of beta we are officially opening on the 31st, and if any of you would like to pass by and say hi and have a look you're all invited and would be more than welcome.

The server is still full of bug (obviously) but somewhat stable to an extent, and hopefully a few players would like our "conservative" rules/features, time will tell.

Cheers guys!
GL with your server!
I hope you succeed on this journey.
 :lulsec:

Offline Sido

• Drama Queen
    • Cookies: +54/-12
  • "The best part about me is I am not you."
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
not even a link?

"It's true, you are special.. but not quite as special as I am!"

Offline p0w3rf1y

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:29:02 PM
 :troll: :troll: :D edited!

Offline Sido

• Drama Queen
    • Cookies: +54/-12
  • "The best part about me is I am not you."
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 10:46:59 PM
check private

"It's true, you are special.. but not quite as special as I am!"

Offline Rootware

• Cookies: +27/-27
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 12:07:28 AM
Vanilla x1 it's not popular cause this rated targeted to group concept of playing, but anyway good luck.
Code: [Select]
<html><head><body>Трискел:<br>
Трискел не говорит с дураками, которые не знают свою профессию!
</body></html>

Offline bowling4soup

Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 01:34:38 PM
Vanilla x1 it's not popular cause this rated targeted to group concept of playing, but anyway good luck.
Agreed, those people are playing classic now or have stopped playing L2 altogether.

Offline demezakos

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 01:58:03 AM
classic sucks now ;)

Offline p0w3rf1y

Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 04:15:27 PM
I obviously couldn't disagree more with you guys xD, but it's ok. Less competence for me haha.

There's a fair amount of L2 players looking to play on an X1 server the "old school way", ie without dualboxing, npc buffers, and all that.
In fact on the launch we far exceeded expectations, and despite the disaster (We were using 384, we were well aware of the the risks, it's only us to blame xD) we got a peak of 130 players (and many people couldn't login due connectivity issues, and problems with my custom launcher), which to me is pretty good if we can continue increasing it. 

Anyways thanks for the wishes :D