Author Topic: L2 Dimension  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Pudge
  • Elder Prairie Keltir
  • "No f*cking ice fairies allowed."
L2 Dimension
« on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »
Hello!

We are happy, that your reading this. We have some exciting news for you. Our team offers you a new and amazing project, which includes several interesting worlds, some are known and some are unexplored. The main feature of what we offer - a system of "transition", which will allow you to make a long-held dream of players Lineage II - to find a future in this exciting game. Fascinating worlds and non-standard ideas will allow you to take a fresh look at familiar foundations of the game, which you know so well. Interested? Then come in, maybe it's exactly what you're looking for..

Ok, Who are you?
- We are a small, yet growing international server community, that has some strange & interesting ideas about how should Lineage 2 evolve

Why do you do it?
- Fun, passion.. i guess. We are not a commercial project. We dont have fancy addons like wings\Other chronicle weapons etc.. We believe that Lineage 2 players love this game because of the drive and thrill that is delivered to every one, so we made a move and chopped down everything to "Retail Like" and decided to make some interesting quests.

What is this Server then?
- This is an Twin-type Lineage II platform.

What's a "Twin-type?"
- It means that when you succeeded in developing you character\clan\alliance on the Primary (Public) Server - a certain Quest\NPC will give you a way to move on. The next step will be the Extended (Invite only) Server with a custom game style.

Custom style?
- Yes. The interface of the client will remain the same, but the game mechanics will differ from the first one.

Is there any more information about this?
- No. The STAFF can only give information about the Primary (Public) Server at this time, untill the Transfer quest and the second server will be ready and working.

Will it survive if i join? :D
- We are not planing to make an enormous online. But we'll be happy to see if players will be intrested in your ideas. The point of this project is to find or create an interesting community, that will be able to help us evolve Lineage 2. For how long this will go on? i hope as long as possible.

Our coordinates:

Web - http://l2dimension.com/
Forum - http://l2dimension.com/forum
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:16:20 PM by Mayhem »
This site's new motto should be: "I haven't been outside in weeks!"

Offline Tryskell

• The cute dwarf
  • Administrator
  • Core
  • Awards You don't like me, but I got the power. Forever dwarf.
Re: L2 Dimension
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »
Do you mean a character, leveling on the public IL server, will need a quest to transfer into the H5 one (and I guess he will keep all his previous infos, but the storyline continues ?) ?

On a technical PoV, why a H5 transfer ? Do you miss packets, or maybe monsters models ? Or something like ? Because if it's only a matter of "spawns locations", you can actually adapt an instance system, in order to get different layers of world instance, on a single server (which will avoid you the burden to open 50 servers).

That sounds interesting.
Code: [Select]
<html><body>Triskel:<br>
Triskel does not speak with foolish fellows who do not know their profession!
</body></html>

Offline nighty

• Customer
  • Basilisk
  • Awards Customer crew on duty !
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »
Great idea. But as every server, it needs a lot of advertise and detailed information..Maybe using more languages to your website.

Another thing is that there won't be kamael class? or..
Still, unique and very interesting...let's see if it will get enough players :-s

Offline Mayhem

• Pudge
  • Elder Prairie Keltir
  • "No f*cking ice fairies allowed."
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:54:46 AM »

On a technical PoV, why a H5 transfer ? Do you miss packets, or maybe monsters models ? Or something like ? Because if it's only a matter of "spawns locations", you can actually adapt an instance system, in order to get different layers of world instance, on a single server

I'm reading this and understanding this. But..can't handle it. You just made my brain hurt so much  :poker:

The idea was to transform a whole interlude server to a Mass Quest for the characters. The interlude server(primary) was ment to be simple (no addons, no bugs, no balance issues. aCis - perfect Choice). So that only evolved players with brains and willing to play will be able to join the Second one (extended) H5 server with some cool game mech changes.

That's why we didnt make one multi-layered server..

I had a whole bunch of ideas about the system. The one i described is the easyest one. We made a HUGE quest for this..
1st one will be devided in 4 parts (or 4 terms) to open the "Transfer" system
1. Open the Forbidden Gate (Few Raid bosses)
2. Become a Pirate (Hat, Ship, PVP Zone, Beautifull Female to rescue .. etc..)
3. Rush the Death (Dig your own grave, lol)
4. Kill a real, live GameMaster
5. 300+ online

.. but u didnt hear that from me.. :P

and I guess he will keep all his previous infos, but the storyline continues

Yup. Definitly worth a try

Great idea. But as every server, it needs a lot of advertise and detailed information..Maybe using more languages to your website.

The project was originally English-lang only. The thing is - aCis is an English based server, so we decided to point on the English based community, like UK, EU, USA .. no russia please please :hu1_6:

Anyway, your right about the web-site, info on it and additional lang support. Thus i'll work on it. Server - English, site and info - multi-lang.

And ofc - adverts.. MOAR  lol

Another thing is that there won't be kamael class? or..
Still, unique and very interesting...let's see if it will get enough players :-s

Actually i can't describe the second one. But i can tell that the Kamael class will remain and will be avalible for pick after the transfer.
Ofc, if we succeed in finding some online, and making them do what we want to :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:57:17 AM by Mayhem »
This site's new motto should be: "I haven't been outside in weeks!"