Author Topic: Installing aCis in Linux OS (Ubuntu server)  (Read 3556 times)

Offline McMaGo

• Goblin
Installing aCis in Linux OS (Ubuntu server)
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
HOW TO SET UP YOUR OWN L2J SERVER
Linux Based OS

Just copy&paste from my post in MXC, is to late to go bed and i dunno how to do :P

In this guide you will learn how to set up a L2J server in your Linux Based Os machine, and i will give you some advices and recommended installations for your device.

Index of:

-Downloading and Installing Java in your device.
-Downloading and Installing MySQL in your device.
-Set up a L2J server in Linux Based OS.
-Recommeded applications for your devide.

Downloading and installing Java (JDK) in your device

Check if you already have a Java software's version

Code: [Select]
java -version

If not, type this command to start the download and installation of JDK.

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk

Once finished the installation process, we will set up de Java Virtual Machine to be used (by our L2J serer in this case, but can be used by any proces that requires it).

sudo update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

You have installed and setted up JDK succesfull in your machine, then, you can go to the next step. (It's supposed that you want to use the 6 version of Java, the most common for L2J projects, but you can use any version you want just changing the value 6 for the number of the version you want to use in the command you typed before).

Downloading and installing MySQL in your device

Now we will install MySQL in our Linux Based OS, but we will use Xampp for Linux because this program bring us some useful aplications like PHP libs, MySQL server, Apache and PhpMyAdmin, very useful if you want to install a webside in your device too.

Download Xampp for linux from here, and upload it to your machine (you can use any FTP client to do that i can recommend you FileZilla Client

Once uploaded,

su
(let us install as administrator, root)

tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.7.1.tar.gz -C /opt
(let us unzip Xampp for Linux in the specified folder, C:/opt in this case).

/opt/lampp/lampp start
(this command starts Xampp for Linux)

Now we need to configurate Xampp for Linux in order to let us set up our database, account manager and all that requires a SQL database process, so type:

/opt/lampp/lampp security

You will se some questions at your console, set all as default but when the progam aks you want to make MySQL avaible for the networking you MUST say YES.

Now we will configure the remote acces for a external IP:

/opt/lampp/etc/my.cnf

if you don't find this you can type

/opt/lampp/

and find httpd-xampp.conf

Now type:

Allow from ::1 127.0.0.0/8 type.your.ip.here/8 \

Well, now our database is accesible from any web browsner, you can try it typing your device ip in any web browsner (will appears the defaul index.php file for Xampp for Linux). From here you can acces to phpmyadmin, configure more settings, and all what you want.

I recommend you to read the full guide about Xampp for Linux from the official webside

Setting up your L2J serverpack

Up to now we have all we need to set upour L2J server, then, let's go!

Upload your serverpack to the folder you want in your hosting machine (you can use any FTP client to do that).

Once you have created a new folder for your serverpack and you have uploaded it there, we can start with the installation process.

cd /serverpack folder/tools/

Now you are in the "tools" folder of your datapck, now we need to execute the Bash file, (in windows we use to execute the .bat file "databaseinstaller.bat" but in linux we cannot do that, so we just execute "databaseinstaller.sh", and the same with "registergameserver.sh", "startloginserver.sh" and "startgameserver.sh")

**NOTE**: Edit theese files before upload it.

Type this:

chmod +x database_installer.sh

now

./database_installer.sh

and install your database (as i said before, is just like in windows but we've used the .sh file)

Now we need to register our gameserver, so go to the loginserver folder:

cd /serverpack folder/loginserver

and type this in order to execute the bash file "registergameserver.sh"

chmod +x registerGameServer.sh

and now:

./registerGameServer.sh

Follow the steps like in Windows (like with "database_installer.sh").

Well if you have followed all theese steps, you have succesfull installed your L2J serverpack in a Linux Based OS. Now if you want o start your server you have to type:

Start LS:

chmod +x startLoginServer.sh LoginServer_loop.sh
./startLoginServer.sh

Start GS

chmod +x startGameServer.sh GameServer_loop.sh
./startGameServer.sh

(You must be in the LS and GS folder to use this commands, you can go there just typing cd home/server folder/loginserver or /gamserver, as you did in some steps before).

This guide was created to be used in Ubuntu server or descktop but you can adapt it to another Linux Based OS just changing the Console commands you have typed in each step, some of the will be the same for Debian for example, for some of them can be a bit different).

Recommended applications for your device.

This section will be updated if i find more usefull programs for you, up to now we have:

CSF Firewall:

wget http://www.configserver.com/free/csf.tgz
gunzip csf.tgz
tar xf csf.tar
cd csf
sh install.sh

Read this from the official webside

DDos Deflate:

wget http://www.inetbase.com/scripts/ddos/install.sh
chmod 0700 install.sh
./install.sh

More information from its official webside

Well this is all for now, i hope this guide could be usefull for someone who wants to start with Linux Based OS, if you are interested in more information you can PM me whenever you want, and feel free about posting your doubts in this topic, i'll answer it as soons as possible.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:33:45 AM by McMaGo »

Offline FighterBoss

• Urban Legend!
  • Dungeon Skeleton Archer
Re: Installing aCis in Linux OS (Ubuntu server)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Probably the same goes for Centos ? because i don't have a clue about linux and i'm gonna need it.

Offline Java-man

• Outer Circle
  • Strain
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Probably the same goes for Centos ? because i don't have a clue about linux and i'm gonna need it.
No, unix repos haven't sun java jdk7.
Sido is NOT awesome no matter he's different.

Offline McMaGo

• Goblin
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
You can download it... ofcourse by PPA.

Offline FighterBoss

• Urban Legend!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
No, unix repos haven't sun java jdk7.
So better not to use centos? ubuntu it's okay? (i have no clue)

You can download it... ofcourse by PPA.
...   bha

Offline McMaGo

• Goblin
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »
You will host lineage 2 private server, you are not NCSOFT, so in my opinion is a bit "freak" to look for detailed information about each OS, machine, etc... as i said 1 time, i had a IL l2jserver runing under celeron processor 2gb ram and 500gb hdd, with 250+ onlines, so... (and ubuntu descktop 32 bits...) try to use one OS that you will be able to manage...

If you think your server will have 2000+ onlines, then you need to look for detailed information, and optimize your machine... but which kind of server/population you will have? to have around 600 onlines with ubuntu server all is done, and i say that cause i use ubuntu server and i have near 450 online players + webside + forum, with 0 lag good protection etc... and soon ts3 server... sodon't break your head with useless questions ;)

PD: if you need help to install something in ubuntu (webserver, protection, updates...) you can speak with me in msn and i will help you with pleasure.

Offline FighterBoss

• Urban Legend!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »
Okay McMaGo helped me much @msn ,thanks.

Offline Rootware

• Inner Circle
  • Orfen
  • Awards Customer crew on duty ! Searched by gold diggers, loved by Mama Tryskell. Bring good advices or reports.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Server config:
OS Debian 6.0
Java JDK 1.7.0_07

If the server is running on Windows then the players go to the server and can play.

If you run a server on Debian is that after authorization players can not enter the server.

The logs login and Game servers nothing suspicious. In the settings disabled Gameguard originally included.

Tell me what the problem is if the settings are the same, but the platform is different?

P.S. Many other assemblies work fine.
<html><head><body>Трискел:<br>
Трискел не говорит с дураками, которые не знают свою профессию!
</body></html>

Offline Tommy

• Outer Circle
  • Oel Mahum Witch Doctor
  • Eaten by reality QQ
  • Awards Captain of the Day Nom nom nom nom !
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »
Well, sometimes you have to wait a little while (from instant up to 15 seconds in my case) before you can see the server list (after pressing Log In).

Is that connected with Linux case? Using Ubuntu..

Available only via FB

Offline Rootware

• Inner Circle
  • Orfen
  • Awards Customer crew on duty ! Searched by gold diggers, loved by Mama Tryskell. Bring good advices or reports.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
Between "auth screen" and "server select screen" 5 second with rules screen. But the server is not selected (server UP).
<html><head><body>Трискел:<br>
Трискел не говорит с дураками, которые не знают свою профессию!
</body></html>